Sunday, November 16, 2008

People Have Been Asking Me To Do This For a Long Time...

And now I'm finally getting around to it. Of course, all of the names have changed, and it will be locked so that only friends can see, but I will share my experiences, beliefs, and hopes.

I know the look of this blog may be boring, but I chose the pattern called "Minima" because it reminded me of my grandmother's maiden name, Minnema. She had a wonderful love, that lasted more than a lifetime. She was extremely patient, but had an independent spirit, and never seemed to give in, always getting what she wanted through tenacity and hard work. I guess you could say her life "worked out."

She died when I was in high school, and I know I don't think about her as often as I should these days. But, when I do, I am always saddened by the fact that I can't talk to her about the problems I face in life now, and will face in the future. I would have respected her guidance and advice greatly, especially in regards to dating and my love life. The love of her life followed her across the globe and managed to convince her to leave her country to live with him and be his wife. They raised five children together, and had seventeen grandchildren. If there is anyone I hope that I could channel in my search for my own Great Love, it would be her. I hope that she knows that.

No comments: